Replace Parts and regularly inspect the Rings and Track within the orb.
Replace parts such as the rings and track when visibly pitted. Especially when the edges are worn or thickness has been visibly affected. Note that the more corroded the Rings and Tracks become, the less effective they are. In the picture above, the second ring and track are at the stage at which we recommend that they should be replaced. Replace parts to keep your QEnergySpa running well.
Regularly inspect the Cable, too!
The second cable connector (Mohawk) from the left in the image shown, may require replacement. You should consider ordering a new cable at this stage. Don’t be tempted to add more ‘conductive agent’ at this stage in order to get the required conductivity. If the connections are not adequate, the unit will not function correctly and will decrease the life of the Orb considerably. See additional tips here for TROUBLESHOOTING
Factors affecting the lifespan of the Orb:
The Rings and Tracks may generally last 10-100 Sessions.
The Orb and Cable are considered consumables and have a limited lifespan.
The factors affecting the lifespan include:
- The frequency of use
- The water source; bore, tank, or tap water. All these sources are continually changing conductivity. For example, your local water authorities are testing water supplies daily and adding the required chemicals depending on their results. Tank water changes depending on pollution levels.
- Whether a ‘conductive agent’ has been added and what type. Potassium Citrate (Food Grade) causes less wear on the Rings and Track compared to salt. Adding more ‘conductive agent’ when not required, due to insufficient connections, will cause premature degradation of the Orb.
- Length of time in the cleaning solution. Soak Orb components in the solution for a minimum amount of time.
- Running the unit at higher settings may degrade the Rings and Track prematurely.
- Environmental factors such as temperature, humidity, altitude, proximity to radio/microwaves, other power sources, geographical and geological factors will affect the lifespan of the Orb while it is running.
- The person having the session with the QEnergySpa.
HOW TO MAXIMIZE THE LIFESPAN OF Your Orb, Cable, and Power Supply
Regularly, inspect the connections on the inside of the cable connector (the Mohawk) for oxidation and wear. Replace the Cable when visibly corroded and pitted. The more corroded the stainless steel cable connectors are, the softer they become, and hence the more likely they are to drop back and rest on the plastic. This can be remedied by inserting a small flat head screwdriver or handle of a teaspoon behind the plate and while holding the point where the connector is attached, easing it forward.
Only recommended as a last resort before ordering a replacement cable.
- Run your unit at the recommended activity level.
- Only add a conductive agent when absolutely necessary and then just enough in order for the unit to operate. Please note that after just one session with too much conductive agent added, the life of the Orb and cable will deteriorate rapidly.
- When cleaning, soak metal components to remove lime, rust, and or scale. However, keep the time in the cleaning solution to a minimum.
- Never polish or buff the Rings and Track, or center module with any product.
- Never subject the Orb or Cable Connector to water temperatures higher than bearable to your skin. Do NOT clean the Orb in boiling water, a Dishwasher, or Autoclave.
- Never file components in order to clean them. You may use a soft toothbrush or a soft plastic kitchen scour. Never scratch or dent the surfaces.
- Always use the supplied carry bag for storage and transportation to avoid possible damage. Store in a dry, clean place. Be sure to unplug the cable from the Power Supply when not in use.
- Place the unit away from foot traffic and other hazards while in use.
How To Maintain Good “Connections”
- Inspect the Orb connections on a regular basis.
- Pay particular attention to the pins located in the Cable Plug that attaches to the Power Supply. Ensure they have not been corroded, bent, or broken.
- When the Cable is attached to the Orb, view through the side of the Mohawk to ensure firm connections with the Brass Rod protruding through the top of the Orb shell and the eyelet of the Positive Track on the side of the Orb. Also, ensure that you keep these connections clean and free from corrosion.
- Ensure that the Positive Track makes a good connection with the Positive Rings.
- For maximum efficiency, ensure that the Negative Copper Track (not the Copper Ring) connecting the two Negative Rings that form part of the Center Module, is sitting opposite the Positive Track. Refer to Step 4 of the Orb assembly guide.
- Ensure that the Top and Bottom Buttons are intact and firmly attached to the Brass Rods. If not, replace it.
Are you ready to inquire more about a repair?
If so, please call me, Debbie Allen, at 303-782-4841
Ship all repairs to:
Denver Nutrition, LLC
4631 East Amherst Ave.
Denver, CO 80222